Definition of arowana
Note: Arowanas have a laterally compressed body and are typically silvery white, gold, red, or green. In the wild, some arowanas may reach a length of four feet (1.2 meters) or longer but are usually smaller when kept as aquarium fish.
— called also bonytongue, dragonfish— compare pirarucu
Keep scrolling for more
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game