arctic graylingnoun, often capitalized A
Definition of arctic grayling
: a grayling (Thymallus signifer) that is widely distributed in northern North America and represented more southerly by two varieties, the Montana grayling and the Michigan grayling
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?