ar·co sal·tan·do | \ ¦är(ˌ)kōˌsälˈtän(ˌ)dō \
Definition of arco saltando
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a rapid staccato in which the bow rebounds from the string at each tone
arco saltandoadverb (or adjective)
\ " \
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game