aq·uo | \ ˈa(ˌ)kwō, ˈä- \
Definition of aquo
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of aquo- (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : containing a molecule of water as part of a coordination complex hexaquocobalt(III) chloride [Co(H2O)6]Cl3
2 : derived from water —in names of chemical compounds aquocarbonic acid OC(OH)2 — compare ammono- sense 2
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game