aq·uo | \ ˈa(ˌ)kwō, ˈä-\
Definition of aquo
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of aquo- (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : containing a molecule of water as part of a coordination complex hexaquocobalt(III) chloride [Co(H2O)6]Cl3
2 : derived from water —in names of chemical compounds aquocarbonic acid OC(OH)2 — compare ammono- sense 2
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game