variants: or less commonly Aquacise
plural aquacises also Aquacises
Definition of aquacise
: exercise performed in water and especially in a pool of shallow water Aquacise—jogging or doing exercises in the pool—provides a lot of resistance for muscles, but no wear and tear on joints …— Joanne Lannin, Portland (Maine) Press Herald, 1 Jan. 1996
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game