Definition of apologetics
1 : systematic argumentative discourse (see discourse entry 1 sense 2a) in defense (as of a doctrine)
2 : a branch of theology devoted to the defense of the divine origin and authority of Christianity
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game