ap·o·cri·si·ar·i·us | \ ˌapəˌkriz(h)ēˈa(a)rēəs\
variants: or less commonly apocrisiary \ -ˈkriz(h)ēˌerē , -zhərē \
plural apocrisiarii\ -a(a)rēˌī , -rēˌē \ or apocrisiaries
Definition of apocrisiarius
: a plenipotentiary delegate formerly representing a power and residing at a foreign capital especially : a papal nuncio serving at the imperial court in Constantinople during the early centuries of the medieval era
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game