apo koi·nou | \ ˌä(ˌ)pōˌkȯiˈnü, äˌp-\
plural apo koinous\ -nüz \
Definition of apo koinou
: the occurrence of one and the same word or word group, not repeated, in two constructions (such as three crows in “there were three crows sat on a tree”)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game