Definition of anything to do with
1 : involvement with (a person) in any way —used in negative statements She thinks he's a liar and she refuses to have anything to do with him.After the way he's treated me, I want nothing (further) to do with him.
2 : involvement in (something) or responsibility in some way for (something) —used in negative statements He claims that he didn't have anything to do with the accident.She claims that she had nothing to do with the robbery.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game