anything to do withidiom
Definition of anything to do with
1 : involvement with (a person) in any way —used in negative statements She thinks he's a liar and she refuses to have anything to do with him.After the way he's treated me, I want nothing (further) to do with him.
2 : involvement in (something) or responsibility in some way for (something) —used in negative statements He claims that he didn't have anything to do with the accident.She claims that she had nothing to do with the robbery.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game