variants: or less commonly anywho
Definition of anyhoo
chiefly US, informal + humorous
: anyhow, anyway I'm assuming Pelosi isn't a Jewish name, right? It sounds Italian but I'm bad that way. Anyhoo … give me a shout back and let's get the dialogue going!!— Rob Long, National Review, 20 Nov. 2006 Anyhoo. These divers saved a shark.— Kathie Lee Gifford, NBC News Transcripts, 4 Mar. 2010 … moving with the animated dash peculiar to the quickie films of the time, snapping such lines as “Say, what's the big idea, anyhoo?”— Diane Werts, Newsday, 21 July 1991 Speaking of blonds with ambition, check out the latest from Tara Reid. You remember her—party girl, sometimes does a little acting. Anywho, she's looking into other ventures, just like Miss Paris H.— Jan Uebelherr, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 29 Aug. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game