variants: or less commonly any ol' or any ole
Definition of any old
—used to describe someone or something that is not special or specific I don't care where I sleep. Any old couch will do.She won't drink just any old tea; it has to be a certain kind.Give me beer over champagne any old day (of the week).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game