Definition of antifeedant
: a natural or synthetic substance that stops or inhibits feeding by a pest and especially an insect … pesticides derived from plants such as the neem tree, which act as antifeedants and repellents.— Sheila Daar, A New Look at Vegetables, Spring 1993
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game