Definition of antifeedant
: a natural or synthetic substance that stops or inhibits feeding by a pest and especially an insect … pesticides derived from plants such as the neem tree, which act as antifeedants and repellents.— Sheila Daar, A New Look at Vegetables, Spring 1993
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game