Definition of anti-traditional
: opposed to or hostile toward traditional methods and attitudes : emphatically and deliberately untraditional Yet in their implications and inner meanings, these individualist values are profoundly anti-traditional.— Christopher Lasch anti-traditional art
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game