variants: or less commonly antistate
Definition of anti-state
: characterized by or expressing opposition to or hostility toward a state [North Korea] is holding at least two Americans and one Canadian for alleged espionage, subversion and other anti-state activities. — Associated Press
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game