variants: or antipoverty
Definition of anti-poverty
: opposing poverty : designed or intended to relieve poverty anti-poverty efforts/policies … the legislation severely restricts eligibility for food stamps, Medicaid and other benefits, cutting $56 billion from antipoverty programs.— Ellen L. Bassuk et al.
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game