variants: or antipoverty
Definition of anti-poverty
: opposing poverty : designed or intended to relieve poverty anti-poverty efforts/policies … the legislation severely restricts eligibility for food stamps, Medicaid and other benefits, cutting $56 billion from antipoverty programs.— Ellen L. Bassuk et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game