Definition of anti-fashionable
: not in agreement with popular fashions : deliberately or emphatically not fashionable She examines the adoption of anti-fashionable clothing, the bloomer, as appropriate attire for that activity.— Patricia Anne Cunningham and Susan Voso Lab
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game