Definition of anti-Western
: opposed to or hostile toward Western countries anti-Western terrorists anti-Western sentiment … triggered an outpouring of anti-Western and anti-American feeling in Africa and at the United Nations.— Jennifer Seymour Whitaker … at moments during the film, I felt I was back there again, amid the anti-West slogans; the massive anti-American demonstrations in front of the U.S. embassy.— Bernard Kalb
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game