answer someone's prayersidiom
Definition of answer someone's prayers
: to provide what someone hopes or prays for They hoped that God would answer their prayers and restore their son's health. Their prayers were answered when their son's health was restored.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game