Definition of anonymously
: in an anonymous manner : without identification of the source They made the donation anonymously. The problem, of course, is that so much of online commenting is done anonymously, making it easier for keyboard poltroons to write whatever they want without the accountability—without the shame.— Daniel Ruth Holocaust denial material can frequently be found on computer bulletin boards, which are used by white-power and neo-Nazi groups to schedule meetings and disseminate information anonymously.— Michiko Kakutani A few scrupulous tax lawyers have anonymously leaked details of shelter schemes to the IRS.— Franklin Foer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?