Definition of annexin
: any of a family of proteins found in eukaryotes (such as mammals, birds, and plants) that bind to phospholipids in the presence of calcium —often followed by a number usually expressed in Roman numerals to indicate type Annexin V may play significant roles in cell physiology, including such processes as control of membrane permeability to calcium …— William H. Strauss et al., Lancet, 15 July 2001
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?