an·iso·phyl·lous | \ ¦aˌnīsə¦filəs, a¦n-\
Definition of anisophyllous
1 : having leaves of two or more shapes and sizes some conifers and many aquatic plants are anisophyllous
2 : having the leaves of a pair different in shape and size — compare isophyllous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?