Definition of anisey
- In the South of France the basil plants are bushy, with very small green leaves; these have a stronger, more anisey flavor than the larger leaf plants.
- —Martha Rose Shulman, Gourmet Vegetarian Feasts, 1987
- Whereas fennel is slightly anisey with a bitter note, cumin is penetratingly earthy with a sour overtone.
- —Alice Arndt, Seasoning Savvy: How to Cook with Herbs, Spices, and Other Flavorings, 1999
- We gnawed so much fennel that to this day I gag at a whiff of that anisey smell, even a pinch flavoring a stew.
- —Steven Pressfield, Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae, 2005