an·e·mot·ro·pism | \ ˌanəˈmä‧trəˌpizəm\
Definition of anemotropism
: a tropism in which a current of air is the orienting factor (as in flies poised facing the wind)
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game