an·con | \ ˈaŋˌkän\
variants: or less commonly ancone \ -kōn \
plural ancones\ as plural of “ancon” , aŋˈkōnēz ; as plural of “ancone” , ˈaŋˌkōnz \
Definition of ancon
(Entry 1 of 3)
Definition of Ancon (Entry 2 of 3)
variant of ancon sheep
An·con | \ ˈaŋˌkōn, -än, (ˈ)äŋ¦kȯn\
Definition of Ancon (Entry 3 of 3)
: of or belonging to an early, middle, or late period of the Chavin civilization of Peru characterized by distinct pottery types
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game