an·a·tex·is | \ ˌanəˈteksə̇s\
plural anatexes\ -kˌsēz \
Definition of anatexis
: any process by which plutonic rocks are dissolved and again converted into magmas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game