amyd·ri·caine | \ əˈmidrəˌkān\
Definition of amydricaine
: a local anesthetic C16H26N2O2 that is usually administered in the form of its bitter crystalline hydrochloride and that unlike cocaine is not mydriatic
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game