Definition of amped
: filled with energetic excitement and enthusiasm : amped-up The Napa party … featured a larger and more amped crowd.— Maryann Worobiec Carson Palmer has seen his share of coaches come and go in his three seasons at USC. So he didn't get too amped when the Trojans' new head coach, Pete Carroll, named an offensive coordinator.— Bruce Feldman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?