Definition of amelodic
: not relating to, containing, constituting, or made up of melody : not melodic The tension is augmented by Jan Radzynski's score, a taut, deliberately amelodic piece for two violins that often approximate the sounds made by a nest of disturbed hornets.— Joseph H. Mazo, Women’s Wear Daily, 21 Apr. 1980
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game