Definition of ambush marketing
: marketing in which a company attempts to advertise and promote its products by associating them with a public event (such as a major sporting event) without paying the fees that an exclusive sponsor is required to pay Two Dutch women were released on bail Wednesday after facing charges they took part in an ambush marketing campaign at a World Cup match. — Yahoo! News, 16 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game