Definition of ambulette
: a van or similar vehicle equipped for transporting people with limited mobility (such as wheelchair-bound patients) in nonemergency situations At the hospital, I … arranged for an ambulette to bring us to the apartment.— Roz Chast
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game