Definition of aluminum soap
: any of various aluminum salts of higher carboxylic acids (as fatty acids) including aluminum stearate and aluminum resinate that are amorphous solids insoluble in water but soluble in hydrocarbon solvents and that are used chiefly in lubricating greases, in protective coatings, and in waterproofing compositions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?