Definition of all-arounder
- This eye catching jacket shouldn't be left at home just because you're not skiing. It's a great all-arounder in the fall and spring, too.
- —Lands' End (Catalog), 1979
- There were three key opponents we had to mark. Abrahama Olano, a tough all-arounder from Spain, was in second place overall, about six minutes behind Lance.
- —John Bruyneel with Bill Strickland, We Might as Well Win, 2008
- … sluggers like Sammy … are no more valuable than all-arounders like Bobby Abreu …
- —Scott Berry, ESPN, 17 Apr. 2000
- an all-arounder in gymnastics [=a gymnast who competes in all-around competitions]