all's fair in love and waridiom
Definition of all's fair in love and war
—used to describe a situation in which people do not follow the usual rules of behavior and do things that are normally considered unfair Sure, it was underhanded to steal his customers, but all's fair in love and war.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game