all walks of lifeidiom
variants: or every walk of life
Definition of all walks of life
—used to refer to people who have many different jobs or positions in society —usually used with from People from all walks of life came to the carnival.Thousands of worshippers from every walk of life joined together in prayer. —sometimes used with of or in in U.S. English Children of every walk of life attend this school.people in all walks of life
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game