Definition of all up
1 : at or very near an end : with death, defeat, or failure hopelessly or unalterably approaching —used predicatively and in impersonal constructions with it by night it was all up for the trapped miners
2 : total inclusive of the weight of machine, necessary flight accessories, crew, passengers, and cargo a plane with an all up weight of 50,000 pounds : total inclusive of weight of oil, coolant, and necessary accessories the all up weight of the motor
3 : paid for at first-class surface rates but carried by air all up mail to larger cities : of or relating to such carriage arrangements all up systems being planned
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game