Definition of alive to
: aware of (something) : able to notice (something) Recovering from his illness has made him more alive to the beauty of life. We need to be alive to new opportunities for our business to grow.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game