variants: or less commonly aliturgical \ ¦ā⸗¦- , ¦a⸗¦- \
Definition of aliturgic
of a specified day
: marked by the omission of the celebration of the Christian liturgy or a portion of it an aliturgic day
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game