al·fin | \ ˈal-fən\
Definition of alfin
: of or relating to any of various catalysts made from sodium derivatives of alcohols (as isopropyl alcohol) and olefins (as propylene) and used in certain polymerizations (as of butadiene alone or with styrene and a high-viscosity oil) yielding synthetic rubbers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?