al·biz·zia | \ al-ˈbi-zē-ə\
Definition of albizzia
1 capitalized : a large genus of unarmed trees (family Leguminosae) found in warm regions of the Old World and having twice-pinnate leaves, solitary or panicled globelike clusters of flowers, and long flat pods — see silk tree
2 plural -s : a tree of the genus Albizzia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game