Definition of ajumble
: in a jumbled or disordered state My mind is filled with other thoughts and all ajumble.— Eddy L. Harris, Mississippi Solo, 1988 Both the window’s broad lip and a steel cart alongside were ajumble with bowls, trays and cups.— James Sallis, Eye of the Cricket, 1997
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game