airs and gracesplural noun
Definition of airs and graces
—used to describe an overly superior or proud way of behaving. She's very rich, but she doesn't give herself any airs and graces.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game