Definition of airjack
: a mechanism used for lifting a heavy object (such as a vehicle) off the ground by means of an inflatable support It is Esquivel's job to place the airjack in position to lift the car so that it can be refueled and the tires can be replaced—all in a matter of seconds. — Marc Carig, Monterey County Herald (California), 10 June 2002
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?