Definition of airable
: suitable or appropriate for broadcast on radio or television In sensitive cases, the executive producer or editor may even seek legal advice before deciding what is airable and what is not.— Ross M. Gardner, Practical Crime Scene Processing and Investigation, 2005
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?