Definition of air-to-surface
: launched from an airplane or helicopter at a target on the earth's surface The B-52G … was equipped at one time with the Hound Dog air-to-surface missile, which had a range of over 500 miles.— Jeffrey A. Merkley, B-1B Bomber and Options for Enhancements, 1988
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?