Is ain't a word?
- the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore
- —Richard Schickel
- I am telling you—there ain't going to be any blackmail
- —R. M. Nixon
- the creative process ain't easy
- —Mike Royko
- well—class it ain't
- —Cleveland Amory
- for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy!
- —Andy Rooney
- you ain't seen nothing yet
- that ain't hay
- two out of three ain't bad
- if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- Ain't She Sweet
- It Ain't Necessarily So
Examples of ain't in a Sentence
It's a free country, ain't it?
Those people ain't got a clue.
Her husband left and she ain't never been the same.
Origin and Etymology of ain't
First Known Use: 1749See Words from the same year
AIN'T Defined for Kids
Hint for ain't
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ain't? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).