Definition of agropastoralism
: a way of life or a form of social organization based on the growing of crops and the raising of livestock as the primary means of economic activity Agropastoralism in these agriculturally marginal environments demanded a regular exchange of livestock for crops, especially during droughts.— N. Thomas Hakansson, Ethnology, Summer 1998
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game