agres·tic | \ ə-ˈgre-stik\
Definition of agrestic
1 : of or relating to the fields or country : rustic
2 : of or relating to the work (such as harvesting) done in a field In south India, the situation seemed inconsistent, though varieties of agrestic servitude which bore the characteristics of both serfdom and slavery were palpable and widespread. — Daud Ali, in Slavery & South Asian History, 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?