Definition of againster
: a person who frequently or habitually expresses opposition to the ideas or policies of others Gerry Ford has always been an “againster.” That was the duty of the Republican leadership in the House—never to propose, always to oppose.— Thomas P. “Tip” O'Neill, quoted in The (Dubuque, Iowa) Telegraph Herald, 11 Jan. 1976
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game