Definition of aftmost
: closest to the rear of a ship, aircraft, etc. : furthest aft He looked around the big French ship's aftmost deck and saw that the deck was almost deserted, save the dead and wounded.— Ted Bell, Nick of Time, 2000
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?