Definition of aftmost
: closest to the rear of a ship, aircraft, etc. : furthest aft He looked around the big French ship's aftmost deck and saw that the deck was almost deserted, save the dead and wounded.— Ted Bell, Nick of Time, 2000
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game