af·ter·work | \ ˈaf-tər-ˌwərk\
variants: or afterworking \ ˈaf-tər-ˌwər-kiŋ \
Definition of afterwork
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of after-work (Entry 2 of 2)
: happening or done following the conclusion of the workday —always used before a noun after-work activities In my own life as a cook, there were always two sound tracks: one for the workday and another for the after-work hours …— Anthony Bourdain, Gourmet, September 2005
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game